- This event has passed.
A Matter of Balance Fall Prevention Workshop
April 14, 2016 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. “A Matter of Balance” is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. Attendees will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals fo increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
The class is great for:
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of fall concerns
This free program is presented by Sr. Citizens Services, Area Agency on Aging of Tarrant County, Tarrant County Public Health and United Way of Tarrant County and is held at the Hurst Public Library on Thursdays from April 14th to June 2nd from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
For more information, call Ana at (817) 321-4976